WHAT ARE INFLAMED GUMS OR GINGIVITIS?
Gingivitis is an advanced condition of inflamed gums and can lead to periodontitis (chronic inflammation, tooth loss).
Gingivitis can begin in two to four days with a small ulcer that is visible only on histological examination, concomitant with the accumulation of dental plaque, which can be a consequence of poor oral hygiene. This ulcer swells because of fluid retention, inflammatory cells and microbes accumulate in it (Candida sp., Streptococcus sp., etc.). If the condition is not treated, the oedema increases, more and more inflammatory cells become involved, and the disease progresses rapidly, as it can become advanced after only two days.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE INFLAMED GUMS?
- Bleeding gums when brushing and flossing,
- gums change colour from healthy pink to red,
- soft, swollen gums,
- painful gums,
- changes in the interdental spaces.
WHY DOES GINGIVITIS OCCUR?
- Long-term irregular and poor oral hygiene,
- accumulation of tartar,
- untreated inflammation,
- vitamin C deficiency
- chronic diseases (diabetes, HIV infection, cardiovascular disease),
- prolonged emotional stress.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND?
- Proven effective when it comes to problems in the oral cavity.
- Visible action: in contact with the mucosa, active oxygen is released in the form of numerous small bubbles, which heal, clean, nourish, and restore the surface.
- Safe to use. No allergic reactions or side effects.
- Suitable for all types of mucosa.
- Free of alcohol and chlorhexidine.
OROXID® forte oral hygiene solution
OROXID® is a solution used to maintain oral hygiene and healthy gums and to help with inflammations in the oral cavity. OROXID® can help prevent dental plaque, tooth discolouration and bad breath. It also helps reduce plaque on the tongue and oral mucosa.
– Proven effective when it comes to changes in the oral cavity.
– Visible action: in contact with the mucosa, active oxygen is released in the form of numerous small bubbles, which heal, clean, nourish, and restore the surface.
– No allergic reactions or side effects.
– Suitable for all types of mucosa.
– Free of alcohol and chlorhexidine.