WHAT ARE INFLAMED GUMS OR GINGIVITIS?
Gingivitis is an advanced condition of inflamed gums and can lead to periodontitis (chronic inflammation, tooth loss).
Gingivitis can begin in two to four days with a small ulcer that is visible only on histological examination, concomitant with the accumulation of dental plaque, which can be a consequence of poor oral hygiene. This ulcer swells because of fluid retention, inflammatory cells and microbes accumulate in it (Candida sp., Streptococcus sp., etc.). If the condition is not treated, the oedema increases, more and more inflammatory cells become involved, and the disease progresses rapidly, as it can become advanced after only two days.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE INFLAMED GUMS?
- Bleeding gums when brushing and flossing,
- gums change colour from healthy pink to red,
- soft, swollen gums,
- painful gums,
- changes in the interdental spaces.
WHY DOES GINGIVITIS OCCUR?
- Long-term irregular and poor oral hygiene,
- accumulation of tartar,
- untreated inflammation,
- vitamin C deficiency
- chronic diseases (diabetes, HIV infection, cardiovascular disease),
- prolonged emotional stress.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND?
- Proven effective when it comes to problems in the oral cavity.
- Visible action: in contact with the mucosa, active oxygen is released in the form of numerous small bubbles, which heal, clean, nourish, and restore the surface.
- Safe to use. No allergic reactions or side effects.
- Suitable for all types of mucosa.
- Free of alcohol and chlorhexidine.
OROXID oral solution & oral spray
OROXID is a solution used to maintain oral hygiene and healthy gums and to help with inflammations in the oral cavity. It is recommended as a complementary oral hygiene for fixed dental appliances, partial dentures, fixed prosthetic replacements (veneers, bridges), and dental implants. It improves oral hygiene in people with orthodontic anomalies that complicate normal dental hygiene. OROXID can help prevent dental plaque, tooth discolouration and bad breath. It also helps reduce plaque on the tongue and oral mucosa. OROXID forte is intended for more intensive oral hygiene and the prevention and alleviation of periodontal diseases, such as irritated, bleeding and inflamed gums. It helps relieve gingivitis, periodontitis or inflammation after gum damage due to surgery or tooth extraction. OROXID sensitive is intended for daily oral hygiene. It is suitable for long-term use and for people with sensitive oral mucosa. It is recommended as daily oral hygiene, especially for people who are prone to inflammatory changes in the oral cavity (smokers, diabetics, individuals with a weakened immune system, etc.). Use OROXID oral spray or solution two to three times a day during or after brushing your teeth.